Saturday, August 15, 2026

What's worse than bad?

Boring, fucking boring. When something is bad, at least it is something, boring on the other hand, is just a waste of time. 

When it comes to anime, few are as bad as "The Heavy Knight Games the System." The first 10 minutes of the show is an incompetent sizzle reel "showcasing," all the "cool fights," in the show without any actual context. 

I kept watching out of morbid curruiosity, and after watching the first four episodes that were out at the time I came to the conclusion that the show was wholly and completely boring. 

Nothing actually happens, the "characters," are paper thin and cartoonishly transparent and their motivations are baffling and confounding, dialogue is a jumbled mess of people who have never spoken to other people before and veers into "so bad its at least entertaining," and as you watch you'll notice the show likes to reuse animation and assests to not only save money but also waste your time. I found myself yelling at the TV more than once for the show to get to the fucking point only for a scene to drag on longer than nessacarry.

 Not that I am known for recommending anime or anything, but if you see this show on Crunchyroll, skip it. Watch Re:Zero instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment